At Mother Duck we believe:
- In providing nurturing, “home-like” environments where all children feel a sense of belonging.
- In providing safe, hygienic, aesthetically pleasing environments.
- In valuing the uniqueness of each child. No two children are the same, each having individual needs, developing in their own unique ways and at their own pace.
- That children are competent beings who hold a natural sense of wonder, curiosity and awe about the world around them.
- In the importance of time for children to explore, investigate, experiment and wonder. A time to be.
- In supporting children to develop friendships and to make positive social connections.
- That all curriculum decisions should foster the development of the child as a whole.
- In commitment to continuous improvement to always strive for the best quality practice and service for families, children and the community.
- In promoting positive dispositions for life-long learning.
- That parents are the first educators of their children.
- In the importance of partnerships based on open, collaborative, respectful relationships between all stakeholders.
- In respecting, appreciating and celebrating each family’s unique home values and cultural backgrounds.
- In promoting an understanding and awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, history and contemporary societies.
- That play-based learning in the early years builds success for life.
- In the value of happy educators, children and families.
At Mother Duck our Educators:
- Are professionals who are advocates for early childhood education.
- Are passionate, supportive and responsive to all children and families.
- Build positive relationships with all children to allow them to develop a sense of agency (independence).
- Provide and promote equal opportunities for all children, whereby no child is discriminated against on grounds of class, gender, race, religion, ability or additional needs.
- Hold high expectations for all children's learning and are committed to the principles, practices and outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Aim to provide all children in our care the best start in life to create a better future for the nation.